Monday, May 24, 2004

Weekend update

It was another beautiful weekend in Encinitas! I and "Garage Sale Bob" went forth on Saturday Morn at about 7am and cruised the area for sales. Bob is always looking for bikes, and scored a pretty good hit on a road bike that had a nice lightweight alum frame. The componenets on it were a bit dated--but for 20 bucks it was a good buy. He saw another at the same sale that was a Softride mountain bike that new is pretty expensive. This one was a little tarnished. He offered 20 bucks for it and the teenager that was selling said OK. But Bob did not have enough money, and said he would come back for it--he came back later in the morning and the seller had talked to his dad who told him that he couldn't sell it for just $20--So Bob asked him if he would take $50--but only had a $100 bill--and the kid had no change--Bottom line--he missed the bike! "Garage Sale Bob" struck out!!

Did the Carlsbad 20 mile round trip on the Cannondale to fill out the rest of my Sat morn. Sunday was the Carlsbad Triathilon, and Sat they had signup booths and lots of vender booths in the beach area off 101 in South Carlbad. Lots of hard bodies around town. I felt pretty bush league walking my $25 garage sale Cannondale bike around the booths--looking at all the $3000+ bikes and all the spandex outfits with alot of flat ABS and tight butts. Gives me something to aspire to--although my time for that ,I think, has passed me by.

Late Saturday afternoon I threw my fishing pole in the car and took the 2 minute drive down the hill to moonlight beach to spend some time soaking the bottom half of me in the surf while I tried to torture some surf perch. Managed to catch and release 3-4 of them before my body started to wrinkle up and I thought I should call it a day.

Sunday was up at about 7 and we went to Pipes for breakfast as usual--lots of carbs and chloresteral(sp.?)- actually went to work and did an open house in the afternoon.

We had my favorite aunt and her friend over for dinner, and drank to much! A successful way to end the weekend, but decided that I didn't do myself any favors when I crawled out of bed on Monday morning. It must have been the Grand Marnier!

Ah well, we never learn!!

No comments: