Sunday, May 16, 2004

Weekend update

A fairly busy weekend. Garage sales were not too exciting this Sat morn--one nice new Golf cap and a new Fishing cap--ea $.50. Bought my beautiful wife a CD of the original broadway cast recording of Showboat for $1--,and that was about it. Lots of great stuff at garage sales every week--but why move it from someone else's garage to yours if you don't really need it. There are lots of people who buy a truckload of stuff every Sat and then go to a Swap Meet on Sunday and resell it for profit--seems to be a poor way to spend a weekend if you ask me--but for some it is an addition to income.

Went for a 20 miler on the bike on Friday--and 10 more on Sunday Morn. Every ten miles is about 500 Calories pumped off--so 50 miles a week should be about a pound--just think, in a year I will lose 52 lbs-I think I shall stop at about 20--cause then I will be buff! (for an old guy anyway!}

Spent a bit over an hour on the beach late Sat--with a fishing pole--found some sand crabs for bait--caught a couple of small perch--no corbina--caught a wave that tipped me over--got very wet up to my shoulders--water is pretty warm--in the mid 60's--

Yes, I did do some work this weekend- Did an open house on Sunday and met a couple of potential clients--

Just another weekend in Encinitas!

No comments: