Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Moonlight Beach

Well, I picked Moonlight Mark as my user name because Moonlight beach is just four blocks down the hill. A nice beach to surf fish and to walk. The water is starting to warm a bit and the fishing is starting to pick up--mostly surf perch, but an occasional corbina, or croaker, or an outside chance for a halibut. It is a great way to spend an hour in the late afternoon after work.

Encinitas is a great surfin' town so I am always fighting for fishing space with surfers when the surf's "up". We have some famous surf breaks including Swami's, Pipes, Cardiff Reef, and Beacon's. In fact I think there is someone who has a web cam on their roof at Beacon's which shows the condition of the surf 24/7--or at least during daylight. I don't recall the site but try California and Encinitas and Luecadia and Beacon's and surf as key words and see what you can come up with as to a site. I think the site's master is a surfer and is named after his daughter.

Not a bad place to be!!

No comments: