Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sunday in the surf!!

It was one of those days in surf city. My wife had to work most of the day, so we both got up fairly early and went to "Pipes" for breakfast! Lots of calories and carbs!! Read the Sunday paper and drank to much coffee as usual!! While my wife was slaving away today, my main gig for the day was to hit the beach for a couple of hours of fishing for the elusive corbina. So, at about 1:30 pm I headed down the hill to Moonlight Beach. It was sunny, and the tide was out with moderate surf. I found some sand crabs for bait and waded out a bit. Almost immediately I saw a Corbina cruising the shallows and casted to him, but he wasn't interested. I moved down the beach a bit and saw three more corbies that were all nice sized. I spent an hour chasing them and a few more--but must have missed their lunchtime because they just were not interested in my offerings.

Since I was so intent on fish that were just not interested, I probably passed up a chance to work on the perch, which are always around. It was the first day in a long time where I didn't catch at least one fish of some type!!

Ah well, the sun was bright, the water was warm, and there were alot of bikinis on the beach!!

No comments: