Friday, June 11, 2004

Ennui

It was one of those weeks that passed by and left me feeling that I really didn't accomplish much. I didn't feel much like working. I went into the office every day--checked email--looked at what was new on the MLS--but I played golf on Wed, which was broker's caravan day. So, I didn't even go look at new listings for the week! I did play pretty well, and felt that I was making good improvement towards my goal of getting a single digit handicap index this year. I keep saying that reaching that goal is #1 on my list for the year! Maybe I need to reassess that! I may be actually taking it to seriously at the expense of other important goals I should be pursuing!!

Well, I did have two of my past clients call and tell me they were thinking of selling and moving to Kansas! (Kansas?) I actually put together a listing package for them, and had a meeting!! I guess I could consider that a business success for the week! Of course, that will depend on whether or not they do in fact decide to move and list their property with me. Keep a positive thought!!

Another old client called, left a message, and was thinking of selling and buying a larger home, and wanted to talk about it.
I called back and left a message--but have not yet contacted her. Sounds like procrastination on my part! Better call her tommorrow. Maybe that's part of my problem! I am just taking a week off from dealing with people in a business sense?

Oh ya! I did also go surf fishing for an hour on Thursday after "work". Only caught one small perch. The tide was high and there was to much kelp in the surf to make it much fun! Another contribution to what might be called a "bad attitude"?

Then there is the San Diego County Fair! My wife has been working long hours for the last 2 weeks setting up the student art and woodworking show. The fair starts today, and now she is going to be working just about every night till 10-11 pm. The fair is always a unique 6 week period. One year she, our daughter, and our son were all working the fair. The only way to see them was to go to the fair. Lucky they could get me lots of free tickets, so I could just stop in when I wanted!!
Anyway, it certainly changes schedules for awhile!!

Maybe the last contribution to my current "attitude" was going to the driving range, which happens to be near the fairgrounds, and finding out that the range is closed during the fair. I had forgotten that they use it for parking! That could be the biggest bummer of all, considering the potential impact on making more progress towards meeting my #1 goal for the year!!!

Ah well! It's the weekend! I have nothing planned! Maybe I will go to the fair to visit my wife!



I

No comments: