Wednesday, August 11, 2004

STATIC

Here it is two weeks after I "hired" my Mr. fix-it/painter to rebuild my deck and paint my house. Where has he been? He came around the other day and told me that because it took me a few days to make my mind up initially, he had scheduled another job for an old lady in Escondido. Hey! I partial paid him $1200 up front for the paint job and another $950 for the deck. He has been drawing interest on my money with no sweat produced.

But he is now at work! I have actually seen him sawing and pounding! I told him that it would be nice if the job could be done by the end of August! That seemed reasonable to me. I have not seen enough progress so far this month which would lead me to expect that he will meet that target. He is also doing my neighbor's house at the same time. My wife Nancy is not enthralled with having a stranger in the back yard pounding and painting for the next few weeks, even though "Don" is a very nice guy. The backyard is piled up with lumber and "stuff". It is all a disruption to what is the normal flow of life. It's like two months of unwanted static!

Perhaps we are getting old and less flexible! Ah, I tell her. Just wait til it is all done. The house will look nice. The deck won't fall down! We can then call the termite company and have the house tented and gas all the leftover termites eating away within the bowels of the house. We can take a few days when they tent it and go somewhere for a mini vacation. Then I will buy her a new high end stove for the kitchen and all will be well in our little world again!!


No comments: