Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Year of the Bike--Part I

Last year I played golf once a week and my goal was to break 80 and get to a single digit handicap. It took some lessons and some persistance but I did it! It also took to much time. This year I decided to do bikes. My goal is to lose 30 lbs and get down to my high school graduation weight of 170 lbs. (That was in 1960.) About 10 years ago, I had an angioplasty performed to open a blood vessel in my heart. The doctor told my wife it was called "The Widow Maker". That was scary! I started a diet and rode 50 miles a week on a bike and lost 25 lbs to 175, so I know I can do it!!! Of course, I weakened and went off the food watch and my bike after about a year and went back up to my lifestyle weight of 200 lbs. By lifestyle I mean, eat what I want and don't excercise! Well I'll be 65 this year and I think I want to make it to at least 85, or give it my best try!
.
So I am on my bike, not eating sweets and fats and making good progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.