Friday, June 03, 2005

June--Fair month

June has such a nice sound to it. Its soft and sounds warm and cozy. Schools get out. It's summer! There is less traffic. The water gets warmer at the beach and fishing seems to get better. There are lots of sand crabs to use for bait when surf fishing. Life seems easier.

Nancy always works at the county fair for the whole month of June. She likes to do it, but it changes our routine since she works alot of nights and generally long hours for the whole month and through July 4th. For the last 10 years or so I have spent July 4th at the fair, going to the concert and watching the fireworks by myself. I have got to the point where I even get one reserved seat for myself each year right down in front of the stage. Matt never goes with me, and even when Sara was around she worked the fair too. I need to find a date!

During June I eat alot of microwaved leftovers from whichever nights Nancy makes it home to cook during the week.

During June I spend to much time goofing off. I think I should change that this year. I have all ready been goofing off to much in May.

Nancy also gets free tickets to the fair, so whenever I want to see her I go. I have gotton pretty bored with it, but have tried to pick a few of the evening concerts to go to--alot of the time I find that the sound system is so loud I have to leave. I have to pick concerts I think will not be so loud. Rock is obviously out, and sometimes country, so I just hope that there is someone good who has a band that is not all bass guitar. I better get the list of concerts and see if I should get reservations for any besides the 4th of July concert by the Navy Band.

I always wonder if they are going to make any big changes at the fair, but it usually is the same old stuff. In a way, that is comforting. I bet there are people who go every year with certain expectations, and if something is missing would be disappointed. Even I have a certain routine of expectations for certain things to eat and exhibits to view each year. But it is a very short list.

It starts June 10.

No comments: